It’s a sunny Sunday afternoon, and boohoo, we don’t have a working BBQ. Yes the kids have complained, yes the hubby wished we had one, but what does it matter? We can STILL have lovely BBQ-themed dinner.
On the menu tonight is Turkey And Chorizo Burgers, served with BBQ roast chicken and Sweet Potato Fries. I’ve also thrown in a Spicy Chicken Liver starter with a warm buttery baguette as a delicious starter for the grown ups!
“A patty, in American, Canadian, South African, Australian, Argentinian and New Zealand English, is a flattened, usually round, serving of ground meat or meat alternatives. The meat is compacted and shaped, cooked, and served. Patties can be eaten with a knife and a fork in dishes like Salisbury steak, but are typically served in a sort of sandwich called a “burger”, or a hamburger if the patty is made from ground beef. The patty itself can also be called a burger, whether or not it is served in a sandwich, especially in the United Kingdom and Ireland, where the term “patty” is rarely used.” – Wiki
Turkey And Chorizo Burgers
- 1600g Turkey Mince
- 130g Diced Chorizo
- Splash of Red Wine
- Splash Of Lea Perrins
- 1 Egg
- 5 Crackers
- 5 table spoons of HP (Brown Sauce)
- Teaspoon of Mustard
- Teaspoon of Mixed Herbs
- Half a Teaspoon of Garlic Granules
- Half a Teaspoon of Paprika
- Chicken OXO Cube
- Using a rolling pin and a tea towel crush your crackers and roll until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Beat 1 egg and add to your mince.
- Add all ingredients together and mix.
- Place mixture in the fridge for at least half an hour to allow flavours to marinade and your mince to stiffen.
- Form round Patties with roughy a 2″ thickness and fry on a medium heat (turning in between) for 20-25 minutes until your your burgers are thoroughly cooked.
Sareta Fontaine is the founder of Kiki Blah-Blah; a modern lifestyle blog aimed initially at mum’s but has since grown. Since 2016, Sareta has worked on the platform, both designing and creating a space for other bloggers to share their thoughts and feelings, while also sharing hers.