There are Pumpkins everywhere! Some people only use them at this time of year to make Jack-O’-Lantern’s, but I am a firm believer of the waste not want not phrase. Lets use Everything!
Roast Pumpkins seeds are a delicious snack either on their own or included in a side salad. They can be sprinkled with your favourite spices, or left natural with a hint of olive oil. Either way, lets put these little gems to good use on Halloween. There’s no need to throw them away, and remember, you can make the Pumpkin flesh into a yummy soup. Check out Michelle’s recipe here.
“Pumpkins are very versatile in their uses for cooking. Most parts of the pumpkin are edible, including the fleshy shell, the seeds, the leaves, and even the flowers. In the United States and Canada, pumpkin is a popular Halloween and Thanksgiving staple.” – Wiki
Roasted Chilli Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Crushed Chilies
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove and wash your Pumpkin Seeds.
- Leave to dry naturally or pat with some kitchen roll.
- Drizzle olive oil on a flat pan (either covered with foil or grease proof paper.
- Sprinkle your seeds with a pinch of Salt, Crushed Chillies and Paprika.
- Mix with a spoon, making sure your seeds are covered.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool down and enjoy!
Sareta Fontaine is the founder of Kiki Blah-Blah; an award-winning site which highlights & shares modern motherhood. Since 2016, Sareta has worked on the platform, both designing and creating a space for other bloggers to share their thoughts and feelings, while also sharing hers. You’ll find everything from food, parenting, travel, beauty, relationships, fashion and so much more.