The British Summer time has a lot of explaining to do. It’s been hotter than LA and Spain, like, seriously- I chucked out most of my summer wardrobe already. Obviously I’m not complaining, well, not that much. We’re getting this extra boost of Vitamin D and everyone is super happy! This weather is inspiring some seriously tropical eats…
On the menu tonight is Pineapple Fried Rice, served with Fried Chicken. Fried Chicken I hear you say? This dish isn’t healthy and you haven’t given us the recipe for that. Well look, it’s hot and I’m missing the great outdoors. Plus, I can always share the Fried Chicken recipe another time. Chill Buddy!
“British Summer – The time of year (usually between mid-July and September) where weather conditions in the UK are MOSTLY wet and gloomy, rather than ALWAYS wet and gloomy.John: What a wonderful British Summer we’ve been having!
Paul: Indeed so, only 70% of my BBQ’s have been ruined this year!” – Urban Dictionary
Pineapple Fried Chicken
- 200g Easy Cook Basmati Rice
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 50g Peas
- 100g Chopped Pineapple
- 1 tsp All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- Boiling Water (enough to cover the rice)
- Olive Oil
Pineapple Fried Rice
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan and add your chopped onions.
- Add all of your seasoning- mixed herbs, Coriander etc… remember we’re keeping this simple.
- Once your Onions are nice and light brown, add your rice and Pineapple and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add boiling water, making sure the mixture is covered. Bring to the boil and simmer with the lid on for 14-16 minutes.
- If you’re a bit of a smarty pants and have your pineapple skin, cut a hollow slice and fill with your rice. Looks pretty, tastes fab, what more do you want! Ohhh, maybe a Pina Colada as its still hot and sunny outside!
Sareta Fontaine is the founder of Kiki Blah-Blah; a modern lifestyle blog aimed initially at mum’s but has since grown. Since 2016, Sareta has worked on the platform, both designing and creating a space for other bloggers to share their thoughts and feelings, while also sharing hers.