After my mum’s jolly in Grenada. I thought it might be nice to catch up over a meal with ALL the family, I chose to serve Cod, Chorizo & Parma ham. As I’m not currently eating foods containing gluten this recipe is gluten free. It was enjoyed by all and there were no complaints when it came to taste!
Still practising my healthy eating habits, encouraging my little ones to make healthy choices & make it wheat and dairy free I decided to cook something fairly light and a little hearty (with all the roasted veggies). The meal went down a treat so I thought I’d share it with ALL of you…
“Chorizo or chouriço is a term originating in the Iberian Peninsula encompassing several types of pork sausages. Traditionally, chorizo is encased in natural casings made from intestines, a method used since Roman times.” – Wiki
- 800g Cod
- Sliced Chorizo & Parma ham
- A large white potato
- Virgin coconut oil
- Sweet potato (one for each person)
- 2 Peppers
- Rapeseed oil
Instructions gluten free Cod, Chorizo and Parma Ham:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg.
- Cut the cod into 4 portions. Place the slice chorizo on each and wrap in Parma ham. Sprinkle on some sage then set aside.
- Peel, wash and cut the sweet potato and peppers. Place onto a baking tray and drizzle the rapeseed oil all over it. Add some sage and mix well, then place into the oven for 40 minutes
- Chop, rinse and put your broccoli on a very low heat. Add a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil to the water.
- When the roasted vegetables have 23 minutes left to cook. Turn them over in the tray and put them back into the oven. Place the cod in now for the remaining 22 minutes.
- Once the cod and vegetables are cooked. Plate up the broccoli, followed by the roasted vegetables and cod. You can add a garnish of salad or avocado to the plate then simply enjoy.
Check out more of Michelle’s posts here!
A mother of two who believes and practices honest parenting, sharing her journey, including raising an autistic child.