Being a mum of 2, I have found that staying in has become the new going out. From having the family or my friends round, I always like to have something prepared.
A great way of informal dining is sharing platters accompanied with salads and maybe the odd glass of vino. I recently came across a British organic charcuterie called Roam & Relish. They specialise in the most amazing selection of organic meat all the way from their farm in Devon. I went for their organic pastrami, which is marinated well making the meat tender, flavoursome & Moorish. Then I made my own gluten free bread rolls along with some olives, chargrilled artichokes & peppers. This went down a treat with everyone including the minis.
“Pastrami is a meat product usually made from beef, and sometimes from pork, mutton or turkey. The raw meat is brined, partially dried, seasoned with herbs and spices, then smoked and steamed. Pastrami was originally created as a way to preserve meat before refrigeration.” – Wiki
Parsley & Cumin Bread rolls with Smoked Pastrami & a selection of sides
• 400g gluten free self raising flour
• 300ml natural yogurt
• 100ml water
• Generous pinch of pink Himalayan salt
• ½ tbsp chopped parsley
• 1 tbsp cumin seeds
• 90g organic pastrami
• 100g feta cheese
• 175g chargrilled artichokes
• 175g chargrilled peppers
• 200g Spanish pitted green olives
• Pre heat the oven to 200deg. Then lightly sprinkle a baking sheet with flour.
• Mix the flour, parsley and salt together thoroughly in a bowl. Stir in the yogurt and water, and then mix it all together until soft dough appears.
• On a generously floured board. Scoop the soft dough onto the board and knead it until the dough is firm.
• Once the dough is ready, roll it into a sausage like shape then cut it into 8 equal pieces. Roll them into a bun shape, press a few cumin seeds onto the tops of them and lightly dust them with a little flour.
• Pop them into the oven to cook for 35 minutes. When they look puffed and golden brown. Once they are cooked set them aside to cool on a wire rack.
• Plate up the pastrami, olives with feta, artichokes and peppers onto a large serving board. Place the bread onto the board.
• Pour a glass of wine & enjoy.